The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) is effective as of April 1, 2020.
The purpose of this page is to provide employees with information regarding their rights to and responsibilities for receiving paid leave under the FFCRA.
FFCRA aids those impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. It includes the requirement for employers to provide paid leave benefits to affected employees in specific situations. Please refer to this page for information about your rights and entitlements to paid leave under this law, DeLong’s, Inc. policies regarding its use, and the forms/documentation required for use of this leave.
There are two main components to the paid leave available to affected and eligible employees under the FFCRA:
- 80 hours of Emergency Paid Sick Leave to be used for 6 specific reasons defined by the FFCRA.
- Leave for Reasons 1-3 will be paid at 100% of the employee’s regular rate of pay.
- Leave for Reasons 4-6 will be paid at 2/3 of the employee’s regular rate of pay, up to a max of $25.00/hour.
- Expanded FMLA to be used for Reason #5 below.
- The first 10 days of this FMLA are unpaid (emergency paid sick leave may be run concurrently to cover this).
- After the initial 10 days, this leave is paid at 2/3 of the employee’s regular rate of pay, up to a max of $25.00/hour.
For Reasons 1 – 4 or 6, use the “Emergency Paid Sick Leave Request Form” below. For Reason 5, use the “Childcare Leave Request Form” below.
There are very specific procedures for requesting and documenting this leave.
Here are some important resources to help you understand those requirements.