The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) ended on December 31, 2020
and has been replaced by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 .
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 will be in effect from
January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021
The purpose of this page is to provide employees with information regarding their rights to and responsibilities for receiving paid leave under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (hereafter referred to as “the Act”).
The Act aids those impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. It includes the opportunity for employers to provide paid leave benefits to affected employees in specific situations. Please refer to this page for information about your rights and entitlements to paid leave under this law, DeLong’s, Inc. policies regarding its use, and the forms/documentation required for use of this leave.
The leave available to affected and eligible employees will be:
- 80 hours of Emergency Paid Sick Leave to be used for 2 specific reasons as previously defined by the FFCRA.
- Leave for Reasons #1 and #3 will be paid at 100% of the employee’s regular rate of pay.
- This is the same 80-hour entitlement established by FFCRA. It does not reset as of January 1, 2021.
- Leave for reasons #2, #4, #5, #6, or leave taken in excess of the 80-hour paid amount will be eligible for “no pay/no point” leave.
- The reporting and documentation requirements must be met to prevent earning attendance points for this leave.
For Reasons 1 – 4 or 6, use the “Emergency Paid Sick Leave Request Form” below. For Reason 5, use the “Childcare Leave Request Form” below.
There are very specific procedures for requesting and documenting this leave.
Here are some important resources to help you understand those requirements.