DeLong’s, Inc. has positions at our headquarters in Jefferson City, Missouri and our plant in Sedalia, Missouri. Our motto “Pride in our People – Pride in our Products” was chosen as an appropriate reflection of the high quality reputation we enjoy, due to the knowledge, excellence, and productivity of the people who work with us. We are always searching for talented individuals to help us build our expertise and business. If you have skills, knowledge and experience to share, we would like to have you on our team.
We offer a competitive wage, excellent benefits, and a teamwork environment. Our generous benefits package includes a pension plan, profit sharing plan, paid vacation and holidays, health and life insurance, as well as employee wellness programs.
Some of our current openings are listed below, but please send your resume regardless. We are always accepting applications from individuals who possess general welding and/or fabrication experience. We may have future openings in your field, and we would like an opportunity to speak with you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Thank you in advance for your interest in DeLong’s, Inc., and we look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
Jefferson City, Missouri
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial Technology, related field, or equivalent experience required, Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and time-management skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, including welding, blasting, drilling, and fabrication required.
- Experience with computer-based preventative maintenance systems preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in heavy fabrication preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the computer-based preventative maintenance system including set-up of impacted equipment, scheduling and execution of necessary maintenance, and accurate recordkeeping.
- Work as part of the Maintenance Department to address equipment and process issues.
- Assist the Environmental Health and Safety Manager in reviewing, revising, and improving existing procedures and documents to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Collaborate with engineers, production staff, and quality control staff to implement lean manufacturing principles and ensure compliance with quality regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plant improvement projects and processes.
- Test, maintain, and improve existing control systems.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support for a variety of maintenance and production issues.
- Analyzes data and report results with management and staff.
- Serve as a liaison between vendors and staff to address technical needs, resolve issues, and ensure an excellent outcome.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering required.
- Completion or in process of completing Engineer in Training (EIT) designation required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project specifications and confer with contractors and customers on structural steel design issues.
- Work with the Estimating Department to calculate cost and determine feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data.
- Assist with plant facilities design and management to ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Work with the Detailing Department to prepare internal engineering and design documents to be used by the Production Department.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) designation required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints required.
- Five (5) years’ experience in heavy steel fabrication preferred.
- Steel bridge fabrication experience preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply engineering principles and practices towards improving manufacturing processes by working with Production, Plant Operations, Sales, Estimating, Engineering and Detailing Departments.
- Act as project consultant providing advice and recommendations to the organization.
- Work with all areas of the organization to develop an overall understanding of processes and be able to provide technical support in the research, design, and development areas.
- Interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff to address technical needs, resolve issues, and ensure an excellent outcome and experience.
- Act as lead on special projects and perform other duties as requested.
There are currently no posted open positions at our Sedalia, Missouri plant. However, please submit your application if you are interested in future openings we may have at this facility.
DeLong’s Inc. accepts applications year round for Engineering, Drafting, Construction Management, and Industrial Technology internship positions. All internships are located at the Jefferson City office.
Save the Application on your computer before filling out the form.
Interested parties should send their application and resume including desired position and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 479
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
DeLong’s, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.