DeLong’s, Inc. has positions at our headquarters in Jefferson City, Missouri and our plant in Sedalia, Missouri. Our motto “Pride in our People – Pride in our Products” was chosen as an appropriate reflection of the high quality reputation we enjoy, due to the knowledge, excellence, and productivity of the people who work with us. We are always searching for talented individuals to help us build our expertise and business. If you have skills, knowledge and experience to share, we would like to have you on our team.
We offer a competitive wage, excellent benefits, and a teamwork environment. Our generous benefits package includes a pension plan, profit sharing plan, paid vacation and holidays, health and life insurance, as well as employee wellness programs.
Some of our current openings are listed below, but please send your resume regardless. We are always accepting applications from individuals who possess general welding and/or fabrication experience. We may have future openings in your field, and we would like an opportunity to speak with you.
Thank you in advance for your interest in DeLong’s, Inc., and we look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
Jefferson City, Missouri
- Payroll Associate
- An Associate degree is required and Bachelor’s degree is preferred; major in Accounting/Finance or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of prior Payroll/Accounting/Finance experience is ideal.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, time management and analytical skills are required.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create electronic employee records in the accounting software based on information received from the Human Resources department.
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, and other deductions to be withheld from time sheets, other records, and electronic timekeeping system.
- Prepare computer input forms, enter data into computer files, or compute wages and deductions and post to payroll records.
- Review hours reported and wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, rate increases, and shift premiums for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments and shifts.
- Prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, overtime, and deductions.
- Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepare and issues paychecks.
- Assist with other Accounting related functions.
- DeLong’s Inc. accepts applications year round for Engineering, Drafting, Construction Management, and Industrial Technology internship positions. All internships are located at the Jefferson City office.
DeLong’s Application for Employment.pdf
Save the Application on your computer before filling out the form.
Interested parties should send their application and resume including desired position and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 479
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
DeLong’s, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.