DELONG’S, INC. ENHANCED SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Effective: September 23, 2020
DeLong’s, Inc. is dedicated to the health and well-being of our employees and their families. It is our goal to operate effectively and ensure employees are safe within the workplace. We have been diligently monitoring the suggestions and guidelines of certified and credible sources to ensure we are striking the correct balance between ensuring our team continues to earn their income and responsibly responding to this uncertain situation. Based on recommendations from the CDC, OSHA, and state and local health departments, we are implementing the following guidelines to protect the workplace. We will update these policies and procedures as we receive additional information.
WILL BUSINESS OPERATIONS CHANGE?
Temporarily, yes. We intend to continue to provide excellent on-time fabrication services while continuing to provide a safe environment for our team members, customers, and industry partners.
FORMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Duration of Temporary Measures: In effect until further notice
Hours of Operation: Normal working hours
- If it is a life-threatening emergency, call 911 first.
- Text “All Employees” contact via the Remind app or call HR (573-635-6121, ext. 1264, and leave a message if not answered) if you:
- Tested positive for COVID-19 or
- Are a close contact (have been within 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer of a person who tested positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of their symptom onset) of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you feel you have or have been exposed to COVID-19:
- DO NOT come into work.
- Contact your doctor, a health care provider, or the Missouri Novel Coronavirus Information Hotline (877-435-8411) regarding your symptoms or exposure. A nonexclusive list of potential health care providers is identified below.
- If you develop symptoms at work or discover you have had close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 while at work, immediately leave and contact HR. You do not need to clock out or alert your supervisor. HR will alert employees as necessary.
- If you are missing work due to COVID-19 related reasons, please provide a detailed explanation of your absence.
- Higher risk employees should consider talking to their health provider regarding whether they can or should work remotely or make alternative work arrangements.
Note: If viewing on a mobile device, please rotate to landscape display for best view
|Capital Region Medical Center|
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and closed Sunday.
|Drive through testing will take place on the south side of Capital Region Physicians – Primary Care Clinic located at 1014 Madison Street. The hours are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and closed Sunday|
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 6:.30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
|SSM Urgent Care: 2511 W. Edgewood Drive Suite D, Jefferson City, MO 65109|
|JCMG||https://www.jcmg.org/services/expresscare/||573-634-4878||1241 W Stadium Blvd (in JCMG Family Medicine)|
|Bothwell Regional Health Center||660-827-7979||601 E 14th St. Sedalia, MO 65301|
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Saturday and closed Sunday.
|115 Business Loop 70 W, Columbia, MO 65203|
|Providence Urgent Care||https://nextcare.com/locations/mo/columbia-nifong/|
Monday – Sunday 9 a.m.- 8 p.m.
|202 E Nifong Blvd|
Columbia, MO 65203
|AFC Urgent Care||afcurgentcare.com|
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
|115 W Broadway Blvd, Sedalia, MO 65301|
Company Actions Following a Confirmed COVID-19 Test:
- EHS/HR/Legal will interview the employee with a confirmed positive COVID-19 test via phone to identify all exposed DeLong’s personnel and work areas, and take appropriate action based on the latest CDC, OSHA, and local and state health department recommendations.
- All areas of potential exposure will be isolated and impacted employees will be sent home until an investigation takes place and the facility is properly sanitized.
- The Company will not disclose the infected individual by name. However, all individuals who were in close contact with the infected individual will be advised that they have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 and advised on appropriate next steps.
- Employees with a positive COVID-19 test will not be permitted to come to work until the recommended isolation period is satisfied according to the latest CDC and health department guidelines.
- Individuals who have close contact with a positive COVID-19 case will be required take whatever action is recommended by the latest CDC guidance.
- Once information is gathered, all impacted areas will be disinfected according to the latest CDC and OSHA guidelines.
- See below for DeLong’s, Inc. COVID Exposure Response Chart as of October 22, 2020.
- Employees who engage in mandatory or voluntary isolation per chart below will not incur attendance points or retaliation.
- Employees may use PTO for mandatory or voluntary isolation per chart below but are not required to do so.
- Employees may be eligible for paid leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). Click on the red “Paid Leave Information and Request Forms” button above to learn more and request FFCRA leave.
- Maintain social distancing
- Maintain at least 6 feet or greater of social distance if possible. Abide by 6 feet visual cues. Masks, other face coverings, and/or clear guards are encouraged when social distancing of 6 feet or greater is not possible.
- No person-to-person contact, such as shaking hands.
- Avoid non-essential face-to-face communication and common work areas, and use phones, email, or virtual conferencing when possible.
- Avoid unnecessary meetings, gatherings, and business travel.
- Limit meetings to 10 people or less and less than 15 minutes, if possible.
- Do not gather during lunch time. Six-foot separations have been marked on the lunchroom floor with blue x’s.
- Production personnel should put PTO slips in the designated supervisor PTO boxes. Supervisors will review the slips and send an email to Jason/Ted for approval. Upon approval, Jason/Ted will send to Kayla for payroll purposes.
- Production staff lunch breaks are staggered to reduce the number of employees in communal areas. New schedules have been given to supervisors and will be amended as necessary.
- Refrain from or limit sharing items
- Limit sharing tools and PPE when possible and clean shared tools after use.
- Do not drink directly from water fountains. Use refillable water bottles.
- No non-DeLong’s, Inc. provided communal food is permitted until further notice.
- If meeting attendance is required, supervisors should sign in each attendee. Do not pass around a sign-in sheet to confirm attendance.
- Utilize proper hygiene safety practices
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, stay home if you are sick or have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, and report exposure to HR.
- Employees who come to work with a fever and respiratory symptoms will be sent home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissue is not available, use your shoulder or elbow.
- Properly dispose of used PPE.
- Activities which increase exposure to respiratory droplets, including chewing tobacco, gum, and sunflower seeds are prohibited in shared work areas until further notice.
- Increase cleaning practices
- To ensure a clean and safe workplace, DeLong’s has increased the cleaning of common work areas, including the regular cleaning of objects and areas that are frequently used, such as bathrooms, breakrooms, conference rooms, door handles and railings in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- To further prevent the spread of illness, all employees should clean shared tools after each use, production staff should wipe down shared equipment, tools, and areas prior to lunch break and prior to end of shift, and office staff must wipe down their work area prior to leaving for the day. We have added cleaning solutions and paper towels throughout the workplace and in common areas to assist with this request.
We are utilizing the Remind application to provide COVID-19 updates to employees as soon as possible. If you want to receive updates on our COVID-19 policies or send questions, concerns, or other information directly to the leadership team via text or on the Remind application, please register using the instructions below. The application is free, but standard text message rates may apply depending on your phone plan. To message the leadership team respond to the text message you receive upon signing up. Your comments will not go to the whole group, only HR.
- Open a new text message.
- Type: 81010 in “to” field.
- Type: @del-all in the message field and hit send.
- You will receive a message back requesting you to reply with your full name (first and last).
- Type your first and last name in the message field and hit send.
- You will receive a message asking you if you are a Student (S), Parent (P), or Teacher (T).
- Type S in the message field and hit send.
- You will receive a message back asking you to reply with your date of birth.
- Type your date of birth in YYYY/MM/DD format in the message field and hit send.
- For example, if your birthday was March 6, 1987, you would type: 1987/03/06.
- You will receive a final confirmation text back.
- This will also provide you the link to download the app.
- You can download the app if you like, but you do not have to download the app.
- If you are out sick or show symptoms of being ill, it may become necessary to request information from you and/or your health care provider. In general, we would request medical information to confirm your need to be absent, to show whether and how an absence relates to the infection, and to know that it is appropriate for you to return to work. As always, we expect and appreciate your cooperation if and when medical information is sought. Please fax any medical information to 573-564-4715 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our policy is to treat any medical information as a confidential medical record. In furtherance of this policy, any disclosure of medical information is in limited circumstances with supervisors, managers, first aid and safety personnel, and government officials as required by law.
Your mental health is important. The spread of the COVID-19 can and may affect us all differently. During stressful times, please remember FREE, confidential counseling is available through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). All providers we contract with offer remote and face-to-face services. Just tell the provider you are part of the DeLong’s, Inc. team.
JCMG Professional Therapy Center
Ann M. Pollock, PsyD
1303 Edgewood Dr.
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Capital Region Physicians Center for Mental Wellness
Multiple treating associates
1432 Southwest Blvd
Jefferson City, MO 65109
573-636-8255 or 573-632-5560
Dr. Kitto & Associates Center for Hope & Healing
Dr. Gary Kitto
1016 C #34 Thompson Blvd.
Sedalia, MO 65301
- Business Travel:
- Nonessential travel is prohibited until further notice. Employees who travel as an essential part of their job should consult with HR or the leadership team on appropriate actions.
- Personal Travel:
- If you travel, be sure to take steps to help prevent getting and spreading COVID-19. For the latest COVID-19 travel recommendations, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html.
- Only non-employees who have previously scheduled meetings essential to the function of the business are permitted on the premises.
- On-site applications are not permitted. Paper applications may be picked up in the lobby and returned once completed. Electronic applications may be obtained on the DeLong’s, Inc. website and submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Limited retail walk-in business is permitted only at our 1723 Industrial Drive location in Jefferson City. Customers are encouraged to communicate via phone or email, when possible. Please see below for specific contact information:
- Retail sales: Craig Buechter (firstname.lastname@example.org, 573.690.9853)
- Structural sales: Roy Wilde (email@example.com, 573.619.9109) or Keith Baylous (firstname.lastname@example.org, 573.808.0577)
- Bridge sales: Morris Wilde (Morrisw@delongsinc.com, 573.619.7439) or Tanner Genenbacher (Tannerg@delongsinc.com, 217.371.8479)